THE MORE COSTLY PRAYER


for the creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of him who subjected it in hope

Rom 8:20


When sin comes to my life I will tell you I am sorry after I have gone to God and shared my futility. I used to think "I surrender all my Lord" was the hardest prayer but there is one that cost more and I can't make it out of my own carnal essence as it must come from the Spirit. That prayer is "what ever it takes Lord"

After the latter prayer I believe we just lay prostrate and silent before Him as He painfully works self out of us and works His Glory into us. The Glory part is just that ... "glorious" and the travail of the first working is soon forgotten.

I often wonder how many have been brought to the place of being able to pray, "what ever it takes Lord." I think the seeing of His total sovereignty is part of being brought to this place in prayer. They go hand in hand and He must bring it about in both cases. This is the practical living knowledge of "ONE WILL" and not just the theological and scriptural.

It actually hurts to write of such things because I know the steps of the journey from one prayer toward the next and they are a "killer." There is some Glory felt but still more awaits and that beckons us on.

Only One Man stands at the end and the other dies and is resurrected in that One Man. There is but "ONE WILL"

And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt ........... He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
Matt 26:39,42


Jack