AND THEY STILL BUY AND SELL HIM TODAY

.

God says: "Go and care for a flock that is intended for slaughter. The buyers will slaughter their sheep without remorse. The sellers will say, `Praise the Lord, I am now rich!' Even the shepherds have no compassion for them."

and later:

Those who bought and sold sheep were watching me, and they knew that the Lord was speaking to them through my actions. And I said to them, "If you like, give me my wages, whatever I am worth; but only if you want to."

So they counted out for my wages thirty pieces of silver.
And the Lord said to me, "Throw it to the potters this magnificent sum at which they valued me!"

So I took the thirty coins and threw them to the potters in the Temple of the Lord.

and ceturies later:

"How much will you pay me to betray Jesus to you?" And they gave him thirty pieces of silver.

When Judas, who had betrayed him, realized that Jesus had been condemned to die, he was filled with remorse. So he took the thirty pieces of silver back to the leading priests and other leaders. "I have sinned," he declared, "for I have betrayed an innocent man."

"What do we care?" they retorted. "That's your problem."

Then Judas threw the money onto the floor of the Temple and went out and hanged himself.

The leading priests picked up the money. "We can't put it in the Temple treasury," they said, "since it's against the law to accept money paid for murder."

After some discussion they finally decided to buy the potter's field, and they made it into a cemetery for foreigners. That is why the field is still called the Field of Blood.


makes you want to cry, doesn't it ......... "thirty pieces of silver- the price at which He was valued"



taken from NLT
Zech11:4 and 5:11-13
Mat 26:15 and 27:3-9



and they still buy and sell Him today



.