ETERNAL ............ YOU SAY WHAT!

.

I have another blog on a place that is much like "My Space." The main difference being that it is made up of Christians with most espousing the orthodox and traditional views that have corrupted the real "Good News" of the Gospel of Christ. The one thing I have learned for sure since I have been there, is that you had better never ever touch these folk's doctrine of "Hell, a place of eternal torment." Should you ever address their view of "Hell" you yourself will pay Hell with much fire and brimstone raining down on your head. This I now know lol, Anyway this is one of my messages that I posted there yesterday. I pray you would see another crack in the orthodox doctrine of "eternal torment."

God bless,
Jack



ETERNAL ............ YOU SAY WHAT!

In our discussions on "Hell, a place of eternal torment" I have alluded to the fact that most bound with the orthodox view understand little of "time" in relation with "eternity." I spend much time studying the concepts of time and eternity in realation with the Kingdom of God. The reason being, because without understanding the difference between the two we lessen the attributes of an infinite God and make Him in our image rather than the other way around. Our image and carnal mind are bound by time and space where as the Spirit and Image of our God has no boundaries. We must learn to walk in the Spirit to know God and His Infinite Kingdom!

Having said that, I found this neat piece of writing in my readings this morning. This is taken from an examination of the teachings of Jacob Boehme. Boehme was "a Christian mystic, who wrote 30 books in the 1600’s. A mystic by definition is “one who partakes of a mystery.” As Christian’s we are all “mystics.” "


ETERNITY AND TIME
As human beings we are creatures of time. Our mental process understands things in a logical, linear, fashion. We have to start at the beginning and build in an orderly fashion to have understanding of a process. The difficulty Boehme faced in trying to explain what he saw in the life of God, who exists outside the realm of time, is that he had to break it down and explain it in linear terms for our understanding. So Boehme describes the inner working of God’s life as a process. He said that you almost have to have a devilish thought as if God had a beginning. However, we know that God did not have a beginning for He dwells outside the realm of time. Time is a created phenomenon and is only relevant to this universe. This universe is not God, but is a form or medium by which God can express Himself. In Sunday school I had been taught that eternity is time without end, however that is a misnomer, for eternity is a much higher realm than time and has no restrictions placed upon it in a linear fashion. Eternity is a state of there being no time. Many of the early church fathers also defined eternity in this manner.


THE CROSS IN THE HEART OF GOD
by Don Godfroy

.

http://www.gem-international.org/kingdomlife/boheme.htm

(I want thank one of our most faithful readers and a
dear friend of Joian and myself, Florian,
for turning me on to this wonderful writing
on Boehme by Don Godfery. Florian also has a blog
himself, where he shares God's Love. One day when
I can understand German I shall read it ; - )