football without swearing ...... yeah right!


I was having a "tongue in cheek" discussion with some folk about the plastic people that often populate the denominational churches when I recalled my first encounter with such.

So I had just moved to Oklahoma from the beaches of SoCal to attend college. For some crazy forgotten reason I joined the Baptist Student Union intramural flag football team. After the first play of the first game I came back to the huddle all fired up and shouting obscenities about our opponents. My team mates were aghast and told me that I couldn't swear because this was a Christian team I was on. I was doubly aghast and said, "you mean to tell me you play football without swearing!"

That was the beginning of a long season for both parties; the team and myself
*%!@*&#!

I also believe those prudish BSU boy's set God's plan back by five years as far as getting me saved. lol

Jack
.
PS. Oh my, Joian and I sometimes scratch our heads wondering how He ever got us together. We lived such very different lives.
.