THIS WORLD IS NOT YOUR HOME ..... " Our Physical Death"

.



"But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city." Hebrews 11:16



Wow, it has been six weeks since I felt capable to continue this series expounding upon the "sojourner's heart" which the believer must possess if he is to walk deeply and far with God. Without going into all that I have experienced in the last six weeks I can report that I see more clearly the truths I want to share and especially this subject of which I write on today; "our physical death." I introduced a number of subjects in my (Feb 13th post) that I wanted to share on. One of those incorporates our physical death, which is one of the three deaths we all must experience.

The three deaths as addressed in our Bible are as follows with a brief interpretation.

* First death: this occurs at birth/conception and would be described as being born with an Adamic nature which separates man from God. The Adamic nature is our sin nature ruled by a carnal and selfish mind.

* Second death: this occurs when we are "born again" by the unction and regeneration of the Holy Spirit. This is where we die to our old Adamic sin nature as it is replaced by Christ's nature which is sinless and pure. This is not as the organized church teaches a one time deal but our second death is progressive in nature until we grow into the full stature of Christ.

* Physical Death: This one is self explanatory isn't it. lol


Unfortunately, "physical death" is in-proportionately given much more weight and attention than the other two aforementioned deaths. I believe this is because of wrong thinking and it speaks to a lack of spiritual understanding of God's purpose and plan for man. With this message and possibly a few more, I would hope to share a more enlightened view of our physical death and thus hopefully alleviate some of the fear and apprehension most feel toward this inevitable occurrence. I would pray that God has placed in you a desire to stick with me as I explore "our inevitable end in this physical realm." I also hope to make this series a positive one with the result being that you would have an understanding and acceptance of God's use of physical death in His purpose and plan for you.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1Jn 2:17


Let me begin by saying I believe the soul that truly loves God learns to live more in the next life than in this. Those that are saved out of this age are building their whole hope upon God! And those that are building their hope upon God have had placed in them a yearning heart that seeks to reach for that which is hidden from the multitudes of men and women about them. They have been separated from the whole as "God's sojourners" and thus they must go with Jesus "apart from the multitude." Let us know that no man that "goes abroad with Jesus" has found rest in this earth. Of that I am convinced. It is a Divine and rare calling to follow Jesus with one's whole heart. With less than a whole heart given to God these following words of our Lord would seem too costly if not unbearably cruel.

"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple." Lk 14:26

Oh my, I kid you not when I say that this truth portrayed above is probably the most difficult a believer will ever face. So difficult is this requirement that I would hate to count the millions upon millions that have turned back when faced with the forsaking of their parents, their children and even their life to gain Christ. Surely there is no man or woman that can possibly fulfill this requirement save the Spirit of Christ within them, carries their soul over such an impossible and incomprehensible threshold. I know all too well the great anguish, pain and sorrow I personally suffered when I came up upon this. I could not even imagine such a cost nor did I know how to pay it. I was left completely undone with no hope when confronted by such a demand and then through God's supernal and almighty grace He carried me over that incomprehensible threshold. During one dark and pressing night I had no choice but to place my father, my mother and, the dearest of all to me, my children upon the altar and offer them all up to God. In this act I was in actuality offering up my very own life.

In my next message, Lord willing, I hope to recount the painful events preceding my sacrifice to God of all that was important in my life. And lest, you think I have wandered away from the subject at hand I hope to also share a life changing vision of death I experienced. Along with these accounts, praise the Lord, I will conclude by sharing with you also, the most glorious results reaped from this sacrificial time. I'll tell ya, and I write with tears now, the suffering I experienced, has since been so completely overshadowed with the reward of His glorious Love, Life and Grace shed abroad in my heart and in the hearts of those dearest to me. Yes, I can joyously report that our gracious loving God does indeed wipe away all the tears as He makes things new by resurrecting that, which has found it's death upon God's altar.

"and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." Rev 21:4

Oh, what a promise! And as it is with all things, in God the promise is so much more than the cost. May we forever count all the promises of God through Christ Jesus as "yea" and "amen" !!!

Jack


(to be continued with and an account of "My personal Akedah"

Akedah - is a Hebrew word which means the 'Binding of Isaac’

taken from the account in the book of Genesis (22:1-19)
Abraham, at the command of God takes his son Isaac
to be offered as a sacrifice on Mount Moriah.
Abraham binds his son (hence ‘the Binding of Isaac’)
to the altar and is ready to perform the dreadful
deed when an angel appears to tell him to stay his
hand and to promise him that his seed will increase)


.