A FATHER'S DAY TRIBUTE

.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Good morning and happy father's day,

As I am sitting here on a already somewhat humid Mississippi morning, drinking my coffee, I was contemplating whether or not to write something regarding Jack's invite to share what father's day means to me.

At first, I was not led to write anything until I heard the sweet voices of my children downstairs, eating their special father's day pancakes in raspberry syrup. My wife Eliyah was sharing with them a story about each one of them when they were babies.
One was afraid of the slick marble floors at the mall, thinking they were ice. The other did not like touching the grass with his bare feet and would raise his legs up as much as possible as one of us would try to lower him onto the grass. So on and so on.

Reminiscing and hearing the laughter of my children made me realize that this is what father's day is all about. Remembering what being a father is all about. To me it is very simple. The sweet sounding laughter of my children lets me know that all is well. For as long as I hear that intoxicating laughter, I know that I am doing the right things as a father.

I planned on taking it easy today and do absolutely nothing. Well, it's a plan anyways. I know that I will end up doing something out in the yard, or a "project" around the house. I am just not one to just sit and do "nothing". Just know that no matter what I choose to do, or not to do, I will be listening for that child's laughter..................and smile.

Happy Father's Day
Mordekai

.
.
I was so privileged this morning to share a wonderful Christ filled phone visit with our newly discovered friends, Eliyah and Mordekai. I cried and laughed during our conversation but most of all I was moved deeply by the tenderness and encompassing love I found in these two dear saints. At the end of our two hour visit I had prayer with Eliya as Mordekai took his turn tending to their four young children. I ended my part with prayer for Mordekai; that God would continue to bless him as the father of this Godly family.

I also reflected after sharing with this good brother, of how wonderfully this man honors and of how beautifully his wife and children (got to talk to the 2 and 4 year olds too) honor God and Mordekai as fathers with their walks and their words.

With that said, Joian and I desire to give you, our readers, opportunity to honor your fathers or even share what it means to be a father. Please, share whatever is on your heart concerning the subject of "fatherhood."

If you care to write a short message please E-mail it too me at:

jahennes@q.com

I will add your message here on the top of this blog as soon as I get it.
We know this is Florian's first Father's Day, celebrated with the recent arrival of Raphael. Joian and I thrill to imagine how he will feel tomorrow as he gathers his wife and baby in his arms and heart for the first time as a father on Father's Day.

My tribute would be the sharing of the link of an old blog and a favorite message of mine entitled "INTO A DAUGHTER'S HEART." It is a praise message to the grace of Our Father and an account of my personal foretaste of, "how we shall miss nothing, but one day enjoy all the goodness of this world on an incredibly higher level."

http://jack-sonshine.blogspot.com/2007/04/into-my-daughters-heart.html

Be blessed and we so hope you might share with us whatever is on your heart this Father's Day,

Jack and Joian



.