NUGGETS OF PRECIOUS GOLD ..... Fasting and Prayer

.
"If anything about my salvation or right standing with God depends on my faithfulness, I'm toast, damned to hell." Gavazzoni

"Salvation by self. To the religious person, the cross is a snare in that it is too finished. Religion says that man must work for (finish) his salvation." Martin Zender


Joian is out touring the town and running errands and so in my free time the Lord began to move on me to add a blog. As often is the case I sat down with no inkling as to what He would have me write. It is good to go into any situation empty ..... into the unknowing, with only trust that He will deliver. So it is today as the blog began to form itself with thoughts of God's sacrificial work made complete through His son Jesus.

I am excited to share a couple of messages I came across in the last week that speak to the futility of our own efforts in fasting and petitions of God. I believe these jewels of the Kingdom will bear witness with your Spirit, especially if you have come to the place of giving up. I often tell the younger believers, "if you want to really see Jesus work in your lives, give up."

I know many of our readers have found in their own lives that self is so darn self-confident that unless it is totally discouraged it will not give up. So it is that many have experienced tremendous trials and tribulation. With an incredibly tender heart, I pray precious reader, "know He will finish that which He has begun in your life. And He will finish it without your help. Oh Lord, help us to find your rest."


Declare a Fast in the Land?
by Jacob

"Declare a Fast in the land," said the Pastor with microphone in hand, but these words he did not understand.

Just more control is what he wanted to show, the words of God he did not know.

"For four, or forty days, as a congregation we'll pray until God gives us what we say." And so like children the Pastor and his flock continued their play.

Whether only juice, water, or bread, this is the way it is always said when a fast is declared in the land of the dead.

Man takes God's truth and turns it to lies. It all about man's works, not the truth, for the truth they despise.

If this wasn't so the true meaning of fasting they would know. Their spirit would be fed and their understanding would grow. They would stop with the lies, manipulation and control, they would see the word of God in the only thing we can fast from, if the truth be told.

Shall the children fast when their Father is here? Can they ever be hungry when their daily bread is near? Their bread, which is the revelation of God's Word made clear. How can we fast from something so dear? Unless we are ignorant of God's truth and cannot hear.

It's not literal food that feeds our soul, it’s not literal food we fast from, it is the Word of God that is sown. In the wilderness we are tempted with lies and it is hard for God to show the truth we need to know because our minds are filled with the lies these pastors, priests and so-called prophets blow.

Listen carefully before you follow a man made fast. If you follow vain tradition, and ignorant teachers, you follow the wrong teachers down the wrong path.

We are the body and the bread that is broken. The water is the Word we’re immersed in, the sincere milk is the rudiments of God's word spoken. The Fish and the Sheep are women and men that seek. The meat is revelation that is quite deep, the honey is enlightenment that opens yours eyes so you can see. In the Promise Land there is no fasting or hunger for you and me.

So don't be like the disciples of John and those that follow after the teaching of those that are less than the least in the kingdom. The law and the prophets bring death, but Christ brings liberty, peace, righteousness and freedom.
Jacob

Note: I believe there is one legitimate fast that the author fails to address above. I have found that oft times, when I have been under an unusual anointing, a fast will overtake me unawares. It is only as the Spirit reveals that I have been unknowingly fasting that I then realize, once again the Lord's burden is easy and light (Matt 11:30)


Healing in Tabernacles
by Elaine Cook


“My children shall no longer petition Me
for that which I have purchased for them, nor shall
they deny themselves in fasting and prayer before
Me, seeking to move My heart to be gracious and to
show mercy.

“Was not My grace and mercy outpoured in rivers

of Love when I yielded up the ghost for their sakes?
Can I renew that every time one looks to Me for a
need?

“The provision has been made and the debt fully
paid. Yet, My people strive over whether their faith
is sufficient to claim my provision for the healing of
their bodies. Although I have paid for their healing
by the stripes on My back, yet My children feel that
somehow they must merit it —they must be
worthy to receive. So, their faith is not in My atoning
sacrifice but upon something that they can do to
deserve to receive from My Hand that which they
have need of. (The thought came to mind how people
from Third World countries receive healing so readily
— they are so thankful there is a Saviour who heals,
that they trust in Him, not looking at themselves!)

“For this reason, My people cry and plead before
Me and fast from their necessary food. And some
travel to meet with a man or a group whom they

regard as more spiritual than they, to receive mercy
from their prayers.

“O, foolish children! Who hath taught you thus?
Have your nursing mothers and fathers in the Word
not taught you to look to Me — to the price I paid for
your deliverance? To look to any ‘second causes’ is
to abort your own deliverance! You have searched
for ways to ‘get everything right’ so that I would
heal you! Know ye not that I did ‘everything right’
in My passion on the cross? Can this be improved
upon? Can this be treated as if I would not give
healing freely? Why would My Own devise various
ways of trying to get Me to answer their prayers for
healing?

“The answer is so very simple! Look at how I
walked and healed those who came unto Me. I did
always what I saw and heard with My Father and
the answer always came because He was the Author
of the request, the dispenser of My mercy. No
begging, no pleading, no bargaining—simply a
knowing of My will and doing it. Not even a gift, but
a word given by the Spirit, and the work is done!

“This is a Tabernacles’ work and I am causing it
to manifest very clearly in your midst so that you
will walk in it in confidence! This is part of that
“New Way” into which I am bringing you.”
Cook


How often in the past we have thought "I should have. I ought to have. Why didn't I?"
When we uttered such, we were living by the law and not grace. Dear brother, dear sister, If God wants you to do something, you will do it. Selah!

Jack



.