THE CAGED BIRD SINGS

.
A little bird I am,
Shut from the fields of air,
And in my cage I sit and sing
To Him who placed me there;
Well pleased a prisoner to be,
Because, my God, it pleaseth Thee.

My cage confines me round,
Abroad I cannot fly,
But though my wing is closely bound,
My soul is at liberty;
For prison walls cannot control
The flight, the freedom of the soul.


Lettie Cowman


As most of you know, I have been quite sick. It has actually been two and half months since I was diagnosed with my disease and was first tethered to an oxygen machine 24/7. Nowadays, I sneak out of the house once a week to run a couple errands. However just an hour away from my concentrator can make me quite ill, and it actually has at times. So it is with my life, today. But that aside, I am here to report all is well with my soul.

I think, how amazing to live in one of the most beautiful spots in all the world and not be able see it. Yet, I am far from sorrowful and since my infirmity I have not suffered depression. Sadly, malaise and melancholy is the damnable fare for most, upon being introduced to such a drastic new course of life. But, you know, I am quite different from the average "failing heart guy", in that I have a realization that God has perfectly planned and purposed even the minutest details of my life. More so, I trust the immaculate care and overwhelming love of which He used, to do this. Yes, God so loves me and He loves you as much.

If you, dear reader, were to go back to my first post on SONSHINE, I shares a vision God gave to me concerning my life, some years ago. That being, "I would learn to live in a secluded Enochian type of an existence." Sounded romantic then, and it really turned out so. To be shut away, just me and my Lord. However, surprise, surprise! I never would have dreamt such seclusion with Jesus and contemplation of my lovely Lord, would come about in the way it has. That is just like Him, isn't it. He certainly is a Jealous Sort. lol

That said, I feel led to share part of an E-mail I sent this last week to the dearest of old friends. Truly, today my soul is well and I pray, that if you are in the midst of some tribulation you will be encouraged by these words. Be it also known dear brother, sweet sister, He has perfectly planned and purposed your life with the greatest of all care and unimaginable love. You can find rest in that. You can bank on it.

My life is almost as being translated. I believe Enoch must have felt this way before he was, as the Bible says, "no more." Some of the old contemplative and prayerful mystics called this state "the Enochian way", although they never described it quite the same, as I do. By the way, when God dragged me back to himself, He placed before me the story of Enoch found in Jasher. He spoke to me that I would live much like Enoch. Today, because of my infirmity I indeed find myself very much shut away with God, as was the old venerable patriarch.. Please excuse me, but I can't help but share these verses that have been of great inspiration to me for a number of years.

JASHER

2 And the soul of Enoch was wrapped up in the instruction of the Lord, in knowledge and in understanding; and he wisely retired from the sons of men, and secreted himself from them for many days.

18 And Enoch did so, but did not entirely secret himself from them, but kept away from the sons of men three days and then went to them for one day.

19 And during the three days that he was in his chamber, he prayed to, and praised the Lord his God, and the day on which he went and appeared to his subjects he taught them the ways of the Lord, and all they asked him about the Lord he told them.


20 And he did in this manner for many years, and he afterward concealed himself for six days, and appeared to his people one day in seven; and after that once in a month, and then once in a year, until all the kings, princes and sons of men sought for him, and desired again to see the face of Enoch, and to hear his word; but they could not, as all the sons of men were greatly afraid of Enoch, and they feared to approach him on account of the Godlike awe that was seated upon his countenance.

Not many get an opportunity like I have with my seclusion. And although my current state may seem as difficult to many, I am blessed in it for so many reasons. God is so good.

______, I guess, I have said all this, to but encourage you to just rest and know He will, in an almost unperceived way, fill your heart with joyous things to do. Of course I speak of a different joy, than that which the world knows. It is as an inward seated peaceful joy that often becomes as deep still waters to swim in. I know you have experienced this before.

Surely, there is less doing but more being, for those that advance in the Kingdom. Such is my prayer for you and of course _ _ _ also. I would be remiss if I didn't request the same from you, towards me.

Father God, grant us, that we might ever know more of Your joyous and peaceful rest, through Your Precious Son, Christ Jesus. Amen.

Jack


.