Heading Toward the Light









Last year my daughter and son-in-law were beginning to teach my four year old grandson how to read. As I was leaving their house one day I saw the word "Door" taped on a piece of paper to of course, the door. Easily and without effort Owen was learning to read and write.....

My son-in-law is a professional educator and knows the different learning styles. Those styles would have been nice to know during the seemingly endless days of home schooling. I struggled to teach my children until, I came across the word kinetic. Along with that information I recognized three of my children were kinetic learners. Yes, it had a name.......lol It was then we began to make some giant leaps in learning skills.

Here is a breakdown and significant traits of a tactile/kinetic learner.

• find it difficult to sit still for long periods
• easily distracted by activity around them
• like doing sports, dance, drama
• like hands-on, concrete activities such as role play
• need to touch things in order to learn more about them
• have good coordination
• best ideas and energy will come from some physical activities
• like spending free time outdoors
• frequently use hand gestures when talking with someone
• learn new skills through doing rather than reading/or demonstrating

Tips for parenting tactile/kinetic children:

Let them use physical actions to approach learning something instead of asking them to listen to lectures or long explanations.

When they read, they can’t sit still. So allow them to have some body movement, like walking around.

Let them act out the story while listening to it. Without acting, they have difficulty in absorbing and understanding the information.

Sign them up for some sports.

Give them a hug. Let them “feel” your love for them.

Sometimes kinetic learners are misunderstood as people who have ADHD as it seems that they cannot sit still and focus on work quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How I laughed at this last sentence. And yes, you might guess, I am also a kinetic/tactical in my learning style……….lol. I have often wondered why the Lord put me here on Sonshine with you analytical types, feeling over my head most of the time. As I read and ponder what you each share, I have been amazed at how he will show me something in the natural to explain what has been shared in the spiritual and finally I get it....

At one point, I found the thought of transformation, while we yet lived, incredulous. The Lord had me study the caterpillar in it's cocooning process. Not remembering much of what was taught in biology. I recalled it was a worm that went in and a butterfly when it came out.......lol a new creature with a new name, butterfly.... the fact that it completely changed......even becoming liquid in the process, amazed me. He started with one thing melted it down and out comes an entirely different being, using the same material......how amazing that he leaves such clues and examples along the way. So there it was, I too would be changed....God is a wonderful kinetic teacher......lol

Last night while talking to Jack, I said, did it ever seem that what you were coming to believe was fantastical? He said, something like, yes one day is seems unbelievable and the next without knowing why it becomes truth…The kind of answer that leaves it up to the Lord to reveal....lol

Later I recalled how I learned to read…..one day I had little need for something called the alphabet…….the next day the word door,…….became a door, when I realized everything had a name… just like my name, Joian identified me…. My mind opened to a whole new world/realm of communication…… God used this “door” concept to make me understand I would be leaving much of my childish thinking of him for what would seem the unknown… he assured me that I would be going through a door marked, “DOOR” and I laughed in my own kinetic way….. as I recalled how Jesus, marked himself, door, bread, the way, life and so much more...

I echo what Eliyah said, “I thank God he has let us meet each of you”… you have become that door, bread and life, into his mind for us……. Your fellowship has been “Rare and Sweet” and your value is far above anything this world has to offer…….. you have deeply impacted our lives and for that we are eternally grateful…….

We Love you,

Joian and Jack
P.S. Eliyah sent this devotional this morning by Ray Prinzing . Seems we are all on tippy toes, trying to catch a glimpse of what is coming. Thanks for sharing what you found.......This relay team has been tremendously enhanced at your appearing.....

Love you much my sister,

Joian


AUGUST 17


BECOMING HIS LIGHT-GIVERS
“Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined.” (Psalm 50:2)Zion – a company in Christ, transformed by the renewing of their mind, into the mind of Christ, conformed to His very own image, partakers of His divine nature, the perfection of beauty. The word “perfection” used here comes from the Hebrew word “miklal,” from the root TO COMPLETE, make perfect. However far into the future it appears to us now, in our present processing’s, God has promised to “perfect that which concerneth me.” (Ps. 138:8). He is able to do a quick work, and cut it short in righteousness. And He is able also to sustain us through every time that seemeth long. The work is His, and it will redound to His glory with exceeding joy.” (Jude 24).In our present transition and processing, as we “go forth unto Him without the camp, bearing His reproach,” (Heb. 13:13), we also become identified with His humiliation and sorrow, as it was written, “He hath no form nor comeliness; and when we see Him, there is no beauty that we should desire Him.” (Isa. 53:2). His work is within! The outer shell of the flesh, and the reproaches of men have concealed this new creation life. But in the day of “the manifestation of the sons of God,” (Rom. 8:19), HIS BEAUTY SHALL SHINE FORTH – out of Zion.God hath shined – literally, caused to shine. It means much more than just the fact that out of Zion GOD IS SHINING. He is Light, He is always shining. But more specifically, He will cause the light to shine out through his Zion company. Divine radiance will find its expression through this people. Those who shall stand with the Lamb in the mount of Light (Rev. 14:1), shall be vessels, light-bearers, through whom God shines.“That ye may be blameless and harmless (sincere), the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights (Greek, as light-givers) in the world.” (Phil. 2:15).
Ray Prinzing