JESUS WEARS A BLUE COLLAR AND CARRIES A LUNCH PAIL

.
So last night I called Joian to thank her for the care package she sent me. Of course, as one that must always look a gift horse in the mouth, I was bitching about all the dang decorative green and yellow straw she had used to pack every thing in. This straw clung to everything like a large angry octopus. After my diatribe on the packing I started whining about how rough God had been on me lately. Joian listened patiently as I moaned on and on. Finally when I finished, she asked me if I liked the candle holder. I bitched some more as I began to look for this lost object that was surely hidden somewhere in the belly of the green and yellow monster.

I liked to have "died" when I found it. The candle holder was done in dark antiqued bronze and it had a skull on it with a saying below it. It said "DEAD TO THE WORLD"
Now ain't it just like God in combo with a good friend to remind you that "dead men don't whine." [blush] [lol]

So as always, after my visit with my best friend I felt better. I then grabbed my lunch pail and went to work on a post for our other blog, Jackson Hole & Christ. I so enjoyed working on it that I thought to share it here also. As I have said before, "beyond anything else writing on the blogs is worship for me. And with such worship I find I am strengthened and renewed in Him."


JESUS WEAR A BLUE COLLAR
AND CARRIES A LUNCH PAIL

Jack I believe that His love is opening more peoples hearts and minds to see His wonderful love and grace.
Love Dan

Dan was kind enough to leave a this comment yesterday and I wish I could agree. In part I understand what he is saying but I am a realist. I also believe, more than most, I am out there testing the waters and sharing God's love tirelessly day in day out. As I told Joian, my closest friend and confidant in the Lord, tonight, "God has taught me to bring my lunch pail when He works through me. And yes, I get irritated with so many that start a work only to see them loose their zeal and interest after awhile, as their work falters to become like the two witnesses "the Word and the Spirit" laying dead in the street." (Rev 11)

I often awaken in the morning with just the greatest pain in my heart for my brothers and sisters that are still caught up and bound by the Apostate Organized Church. It is in the seeking of relief from this incessant pain that I am driven to share the "Real Good News of the Kingdom of God." Having shared of my pain, and with the greatest of humility, because I know of myself there is no good thing, I will share something else with you.

I have a most dear sister that will only address me by my real birth name "John." She won't use "Jack" by which I am commonly known. This young lady ran into me on a forum where I was doing battle with the Christian New Agers that frequented there. She wanted to know who I really was, because, as she said, "she saw the powerful spirit of Elijah in me as I shared Truth while making no bones and barring no holds." Later after this sister became acquainted with me she said she found not only a likeness in me of "John the Baptist" but recognized the persona of another "John." Please note, that in the telling of this, my eyes water, so blessed am I that one might liken anything in me to this, the dearest to me and my favorite of all the Saints of Old. My lovely friend saw in me also the spirit of "John, the Beloved of the Lord." This John is he, who laid His head on Jesus breast and that is my favorite picture of Christ with His twelve. With continuing great sincerity and humbleness of spirit
I believe we are to be all things to all men as we take on the likeness of our Christ. Today the fivefold ministry of the "Church Age" is corrupt and dead and the five have been gathered together in each of God's appointed sons. Christ, within these sons, is the Apostle. He is the Prophet and the Evangelist etc. And make a note of it; these sons are blue collar guys and gals. They maybe not be clothed in camels hair and leather but as the Baptist did, these laborers carry their lunch pails and toil long and hard. These are 24/7 people as their minds and hearts are always stayed upon the Lord. Day in day out , hour to hour and moment to moment these sisters and brothers are before the face of the Lord as they minister in a thousand different ways.

I would be remiss if I didn't also tell you that God, some years ago told me to focus the majority of my support and ministry on His humble and broken in spirit, blue collar sons and daughters, for it is they that world groans for (Rom 8).

Today, rather than say revival is happening in the world , I share with you these scriptures which I believe speak to the season we are in now. I pray more than anything else, you will identify with the last thought of the last scripture in this list.
I can only hope you are spending much time before His face as you prepare His way.

"Cast ye up, cast ye up, prepare the way, take up the stumblingblock out of the way of my people. For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones." Isa 57:14,15

"Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts." Mal 3:1

"And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." Lk 1:17

"As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; and all flesh shall see the salvation of God." Luk 3:4-6

"He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet" Jhn 1:23

"And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways" Luk 1:76


So this morning, with my lunch pail in hand I shall go out into my community and on every bulletin board I can find in town, I will place this new flier (below) with my "JH & Christ" calling cards attached to it. Before I do this I might even find some colorful heart stickers to add to this poster. While I'm making my rounds, in the "spirit of John the Beloved", I will hug the necks of a few neighbors. And should I run into one adorning a preacher's Roman collar I might, with my best "John the Baptist voice", holler across the way, " O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?" [wink ..... and because of the liberty He has given me, my friends know I actually do stuff like that. Maybe that is also why I don't have very many friends. lol ]

Yes my beloved and bold ones, it's a good day to be a "John" but it is the best of days to be as Christ, with a lunch pail and a blue collar. For such is the season.

John






.