SWEET SURRENDER, SWEET JESUS

.
The Bible is a book of war. “The Lord is a man of war” (Ex. 15:3). Heaven is a realm of war, as well as the earth. “And there was war in heaven” (Rev. 12:7). Jesus is a man of war. “Think not that I am come to send peace of the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword” (Mat. 10:34). “These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them” (Rev. 17:14). David was a man of war. “Thou (Absalom) knowest thy father (David) and his men that they are mighty men, and thy father is a man of war” (I Sam. 17:8). David faced Goliath and took his sword. He was a man of war before he met Goliath. David is a type of Christ. His followers were men of war. “And there was long war between the house of Saul and the house of David: but David waxed stronger and stronger, and the house of Saul waxed weaker and weaker” (II Sam. 3:1). The sons of God follow a man of war! Thank God! as the battle rages the Christ within is waxing stronger and stronger, and the kingdom of the flesh is waxing weaker and weaker. So shall it be fulfilled — the natural man shall be subjected to the spiritual, the flesh shall be ruled over by the spirit, and then shall we see “all things in subjection under His feet” (Heb. 2:8). (author unknown)

All the violence, from the Amalekite baby dashed upon the rocks, to Jesus at Calvary, to the first church martyrs. All sacrificed their lives, that we might know "the Kingdom of God is within." The great and last war is fought within and blessed is the man, with a soul, that has raised a white flag in sweet surrender.

Jesus is Victor. When He rose on the third day, Jesus made death, and all the enemies of our soul His footstool. Those enemies aren't outside, they are within and how very few know this.

With the world in travail, many today are involved in eschatological discussion, searching for apocalyptic signs, to know how and when it will all go down. I personally have not time for discussions of eschatology except to proclaim, I have met the risen Christ and Jesus is Victor. He has taken my rebellious soul captive and laid it to rest in Love. That is my "apocalypse" and my eschatology is "only an eye for Him." Today, I no longer even bother to follow Jesus, for He has swept me off my feet and now He carries me as His surrendered captive in Love.

Ah, Sweet Surrender, Sweet Jesus. For me, they are the same.


Jack