ERIN GO BRAU




MAY THE ROAD RISE UP TO MEET YOUR FEET
MAY THE WIND BE ALWAYS AT YOUR BACK
MAY THE SUN SHINE WARM ON YOUR FACE
AND RAINS FALL SOFTLY ON YOUR FIELDS
AND UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN
MAY GOD HOLD YOU IN THE HOLLOW OF HIS HAND!


HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!



Six years ago my seventeen year old daughter and I traveled to New York City for a week of sightseeing. On St Patty's Day we were standing amidst the multitudes across from St Patrick's Cathedral watching the largest parade in the world. A marching band made up of mostly black students came by with a couple little black kids in front carrying an "ERIN GO BRAU" banner. My daughter turned to me and questioned, " Dad, I didn't know there were black Irishmen?"

I replied, "honey, every one's Irish on St Patrick's Day."


Jack

PS. That was a wonderful treat to be able to share St Patrick's Day in NYC with my Irish lassie daughter, Erin Colleen. Later that week we would stand atop one of the Twin Towers ............. just a few months prior to 9/11. Standing there that day I marveled as I looked down upon this great city ........... one of the most amazing sights I have ever partaken of.