A Wooden Heart

Melody, Amy and Christina playing around
This has not been a fun month........still praying about Jack and other situations my mind was on autopilot as I dug around in an old planter last Friday.

Ten years ago, during a conflicted time in our family, involving my youngest girls I spotted these cute little wooden hearts at a craft faire that had encouraging Christian wording on them.
The girls had been fussing with each other almost non-stop, and our home had become a battlefield of words over their continuing offenses. During that time I sat them down and told them I would not live like this any longer and gave them some ultimatums for change or else…. the mood around the house was murky……..

The Lord spoke when I saw the little hearts and I picked out and purchased the ones he directed. When I talked with each girl individually, I used the hearts as a kind of token for a new beginning with a vow that we would let the Lord change things…… which eventually led to true repentance and some peaceful times.

So back to the flower planter………as I pulled a weed, out popped one of those wooden hearts surprised, I picked it up and brushed it off………it looked brand new, it had a wire attached to the top…….which should have rusted but looked unharmed, I turned it over and there were the words.......

GOD KEEPS HIS PROMISES

It so impacted me, I sat down and began to cry…….the coincidence?, was enough to assure me……My Father knew my fears and spoke to me in what I call his “kisses of comfort”, set up way in advance to give the full impact of what he wanted to reinforce….I needed to know all would be well…….regardless of how the future looked……..In his own unique way he picked up one of the hearts from long ago, sat me down and used it as token and a beginning vow, I could rest, he was in control…………Oh yes, he keeps his promises.
Love,
Joian