THE ECONOMICS OF A SON ........... "Keep Your Eyes on the Prize, Hold On"

.
When Jesus knelt worn and bleeding in the Garden, I believe He was given the complete vision of all that He must bear on the Cross. He acquiesced in Love and carried all we will ever suffer because of our sinful nature. Beloved saint of God, He saw you and He saw me. And He carried to the Cross of Calvary all that we are and all that we will ever experience and suffer in this world. Our precious Jesus carried this burden of Love, not that we might not suffer, but He might share our suffering and we His. Because of this, the most Divine of principles, we must become so identified with Christ that we become as He. Thus we share His Cross.

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 1 John 4:17

"Precious,costly, valuable and rare in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints." Ps. 116:15


A couple weeks ago I was scouting through some music videos on the internet and ran across an amazing performance by the "the Boss" Bruce Springsteen. He and his band were doing their rendition of an old Negro spiritual in Dublin, Ireland(hey Jenny). This song is entitled "Keep Your Eyes on the Prize, Hold On." The title which is also the refrain, so spoke to me as to where we are today as we we walk in Christ, as sons. Truly, as multitudes take their ease and fall away on the left and on the right with all the apostate doctrines, it is imperative that we " keep our eyes on the prize and hold on." Of course the Prize is our precious Lord and Saviour Jesus.

Last week Andrea left a comment on the blog and it has been stuck in my heart, since reading it. It is comments such as hers, that make writing to the saints reward enough. I saw in my sister's anointed words the kindred spirit of one who truly knows the Cross of Christ. You can't fake it and it is amazing how the Cross separates the fair weather believer from the battle worn saint that has found no escape from the love of Christ and the refuge of His Cross.

I believe Andrea like a number of our readers share the deep sentiments of David when writing, "Whom have I in heaven but You. And there is none upon earth that I desire beside You."
And this belief makes me tender to Him this morning, knowing there is still the real Agape flowing silent and strong upon this fallen world. In these last days, we are learning to recognize and discern the Love of God that rises above the syrupy and soulish New Age love that so many are opting for. One love is cheap and wears Babylon's gown where as Agape stands naked on a Cross. Who should know the price of so great a Love of the Father, except one share the same Cross and fate of His Son.

Andrea writes:

..... As usual when I am able to drop by I am amazed by what God is speaking and has spoken to you... amazed because I hear it too!! And I am so humbled and lifted up and so sure and uncertain all at the same time when the truth you speak resounds in me. I don't know how much is left that must be broken and die on the Cross, but I have known for years that I will flee it.. no matter how much at His feet I have cried out to be His alone... to lose everything by any means that He would be all I know and see and love... I have known that when faced with the gruesome pain and suffering and accusation and disgrace and disownment and uncertainty and despair that is the Cross... I would and do run. And so for years my prayer has been, that God in His mercy and love for me that I cannot fathom, would hedge me in. No matter what it meant... "Therefore behold I will hedge up thy way with thorns, and make a wall, that she shall not find her paths... And it shall be at that day, saith the Lord, that thou shalt call me Ishi.."
And I do, and trust in His faithfulness that I always will. And am ever learning to kiss the hands that nail me to the Cross. The Cross that brings me more each moment of my Love and my Life. (endquote)


Our dear sister knows the highest power of God's love is manifested in the Lamb that was slain. And like a number of our other readers and writers that have come to realize the great love of God, she is today being slain with God's precious Lamb. No if's, no and's, no but's or whatever's! To know God's love on the deepest level is to know and experience the Cross on which Love was nailed, pierced and scorned. Believe me dear son and daughter of God, I know where you are today, and because of your sacrifice my heart is ever touched and made soft. At the end of this age, all the world seems to be in high fever pitch, shouting, "save yourself and come down from your Cross!" Such is the duality in man where one part scornes at the pain and agony of a son. All the while from deep within, the other part of man cheers and stands on tip toe with all hope that you will "keep your eyes on the Prize, and hold on."


"But rejoice inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy." 1Pet 4:13

"Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ." Gal 6:2

John


(to be continued and
please note there are
some new and precious
comments on Eliyah's
last blog, "Grapes, Eggs &
66cents")