SPARROW

.
A number of years ago, I met a little gal named Sparrow on Tentmaker forums. She was not brought up in the church and knew little of the protocol and traditions of the system. She also knew little of the Bible and was, even if I might say, leaning a little new age in her beliefs. Lord knows, the liberal enticements were there and if we be honest, we would say, "we all have been tempted at one time ourselves, with one or another of the 'new thought' doctrines."

So it was, that although Sparrow and myself took opposites sides in some very heated forum discussions, we also became friends. Our bond first took place when I began to pray for an injured dog my sister was ministering to. Sparrow is one that has been captured by the glory of all God's creatures and worked in a job that rehabilitated and cared for the neglected and abused animals in her city. After much shared prayer, Sparrow actually adopted this little dog we were praying for. In this period we became buds of a sort and although like many in the Kingdom, we don't communicate all that much, we do trade notes of encouragement once in awhile. So it was tonight that I sent Sparrow an-e-mail after reading some of her messages in a forum discussion. In this discussion, you have those that believe "by your obedience you gain healing and even immortality." This as we know, is just another form of works where we qualify His gifts by our works (ie. obedience). How few see this, but glory to God my sister Sparrow does and that encouraged and thrilled my soul.

Here is my E-mail to this dear sister, who is becoming a strong and respected voice for the 'deeper truth.' Her anointed messages are in dark red.


"Death is merely a doorway to life. I truly believe that.
But we know that what is seen is temporary and what is unseen is eternal.

Death can be an enemy to those on this side of the grave.
But it can also be a friend.
It is both.
Depending on your perspective.
I've had both perspectives in my life.
At the same time, even."

and

What is wrong with death? It is the doorway to life.

Further, while yes, God CAN heal if he so chooses.
But this is not the point of this life.

Afflictions bring us closer to Him.

Those who are not healed, are NOT lacking.
I'm not saying that anyone here is saying that.
But it IS what some DO say. And I feel that is a dangerous teaching.

and

Hebrews 2

14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their
humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of
death--that is, the devil--

15 and free those who all their lives were
held in slavery by their fear
of death.

I do not fear death.
Jesus has shown me by His death and resurrection that we are no longer to fear.
Not that we WON'T die...but that death is no longer the enemy in our minds. We see that now in a spiritual sense because we see the "unseen". We know that while we are separated from loved ones who have died, we will be reunited. This is why Jesus told us not to grieve as those without hope. We have HOPE! Because of Jesus. Jesus conquered death. He has freed us from the slavery of the fear of death. Death does not have power over us any longer in the sense that we should not fear it. Not that it won't happen, but that we not fear. And at the resurrection, it will come full circle and death will be destroyed forever.
Well this is just the way I see it. "not all shall sleep" that's fine! I don't doubt that. But it doesn't say "ALL should NOT DIE!" it says "not all shall sleep".

2Corinthians 1

9 Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this
happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the
dead.

10 He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us.
On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us,

2Corintuinians 5

1 Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have
a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling,

4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do
not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so
that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and
at home with the Lord.



Sparrow, I am so proud of what Christ has done in your life. This, I quoted above, is full of such amazing truth !

Sis, I have for many years been free from a fear of death and also been healed of many life threatening infirmities. I also have suffered a number of other physical maladies where there was not healing. Last month, I ended up in the hospital where I was diagnosed with COPD and Congestive Heart Failure. Since then I have been tethered 24/7 to an oxygen concentrator by a hose. I am basically home-bound and the prognosis is, I will be in this state until I die. Fifty percent with my disease die within five years, eighty percent in eight years. God has given me a peace and an acceptance of my state should that be His will. While yet still, I hope for restoration and healing for my lungs and heart. This is the taking of "two perspectives simultaneously" that you wrote of. For a number of years, I have taken this mindset into a day by day mode. And didn't Paul share this same perspective Sparrow, when he wrote, "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Phil.1:21
Granted, I have my moments of weakness and depression but by His grace, they have been limited and few up until this time.

Oh my Sparrow, how my heart sang and my eyes watered as I read this particular anointed message of yours (below). I know God has taken you to some very deep glorious hidden places in Him. I always look forward to read your forum posts as they confirm so much of that which I have seen. How rare to find such a kinsman sojourner as you. I thank God for you, little sis.

In His Sweet Lord Jesus,
Jack


"Death is merely a doorway to life. I truly believe that.
But we know that what is seen is temporary and what is unseen is eternal.

Death can be an enemy to those on this side of the grave.
But it can also be a friend.
It is both.
Depending on your perspective.
I've had both perspectives in my life.
At the same time, even."


.