CALL BACK

Joian and myself have discussed on a number of occasions the idea of writing a "mission statement" for this blog but it seems God has not actually defined such yet. So in abandonment we feel our way, trusting that it is not to be defined as yet and may not ever be. That said, I did read this lovely poem tonight and did think of the blog as something of a "call back."


Call Back

If you have gone a little way ahead of me, call back--
'Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track;
And if, perchance, Faith's light is dim, because the oil is low,
Your call will guide my lagging course as wearily I go.

Call back, and tell me that He went with you into the storm;
Call back, and say He kept you when the forest's roots were torn;
That, when the heavens thunder and the earthquake shook the hill,
He bore you up and held you where the very air was still.

Oh, friend, call back, and tell me for I cannot see your your face,
They say it glows with triumph, and your feet bound in the race;
But there are mists between us and my spirit eyes are dim,
And I cannot see the glory, though I long for word of Him.

But if you'll say He heard you when your prayer was but a cry,
And if you'll say He saw you through the night's sin-darkened sky
If you have gone a little way ahead, oh, friend, call back--
'Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.


~Lettie Cowan~


Note: Joian and I have linked our email addresses to our profiles, within the side bar of this site, so if you ever feel led, please give us a "call back."

Jack