My Mentor...........My Friend


God has been in our midst from the beautiful beaches of Coronado Island to the purple hills in Wyoming. I and my family have loved being with you and sharing the little snippets of time and vacations we’ve had together……We’ve shared in the good times and the bad. I have seen or spoken to you almost every day for three years, which at times still amazes me. We have experienced the mighty workings of God both in healing and provision……..but the things that have moved me most are the wrestling’s of the Lord that you have shared…….thank you for letting me and oft times those on Sonshine see your heart. It has encouraged us to pick up our cross and move on.

It has been an wondrous journey as the writings of Sonshine have been compiled……..YOU, prolific in your writings, ME, pensive and cathartic……….YOU, plunging deeper and deeper into the revelations and sovereignty of God……..ME, trembling to believe it so……….YOU, unmovably sure of God’s direction……ME, trying to grasp all that had been sown in me in error………shocked at the traditions of men that lay in my foundation….For sure we have been put together and held together by our Lord. The landlocked surfer and the x-pastors wife....never two more unlikely to be friends except by the grace and providence of our Lord.

Becoming your friend was an unexpected gift..…….as I no longer believed in the transforming power of our Lord in this life.....Lord knows I needed to see what real looked like.........and you Mr. Hennessey sure fit the bill.......lol

Thank you for your constant prayers. It is so true that one who loves much prays much and we (all of us on Sonshine) have felt your prayers.

So we go forward into a New Year………..trusting, praying and loving our Savior, our everything, who is All and IN ALL……whatever is ahead……….I know he planned it before the foundations of the earth…….and so I rest in his grace and love……..

Love you my friend,
Joian