THE MEASURE OF THE CROSS .....

.

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" Gal. 2:20

The measure of the Cross, is the measure of Christ, which is the measure of Love. In this world such measure is impossible, so we are given Eternity which is Christ, which is the Cross, which is Love and God Himself. Such is the mystery of Christ, Cross and Love which baffles and bruises the intellect as it attempts to encompass it. You can never encompass that which consumes you and the Good News is, all will be consumed by the Love of Christ through the Cross. God gives us the Cross, and the Cross gives us God and Love is shed abroad in our heart.

After a bit of a walk with Jesus, and He sharing a few things, I have to believe the Cross is at the very core of this universe and even the center of God's heart. Also, I perceive the Cross ageless, as the Lamb was slain before the foundations of the world. As far as the dimension of time, which incidentally, neither scientist nor theologian has ever understood, the Cross is, was and will ever be. This makes me ponder the Cross, our Cross, as even being time itself. I think so, for patience brings forth it's perfect work as does the Cross. So it is in addition, while the Cross lays within the center of world, the world is made our Cross, as we each are heaven sent and heaven bound. This world is not our home, so this earthly pilgrimage is to our humiliation and our Cross to bear. Man's earthly life is as Calvary's path, yet Christ walks the Via de la Rosa within the very dimensions of man. Thus the Cross is within and the Cross is without.

You know, I tried over and over to carry that Cross and for the life of me, I couldn't budge it. So I gave gave up and then Jesus came along and lifted it for me. Today, my precious Yeshua carries the Cross within me and how amazing to find I am also on it. Christ carries the Cross within and I am on it, yet I am hidden in His side as He carries me home. Oh, the wonder of it all. Praise Jesus, praise His name, for He is carrying me back home and into His resurrected life. My only struggle today, is to learn to rest and even that is by His doing and it will done in His way and in His time. Yes, I have discovered something of the Cross, however, it's dimensions I have barely begun to plumb. So the Cross is, was and will ever be, till I and every other man has realized the fullness of Christ. Then we will know Christ, Cross and Love are surely the same.

To the uninitiated such language is folly but alas, the Cross Bearer has always been discounted and scorned. Didn't creation hang the creator on the cross. And wasn't creation made for such that we might know the love of God, where the creator suffers the Cross for His creation with the sure hope that creation will return the favor. So the circle of Love grows, as the Cross grows. Yes, for a surety, such Love has no dimension thus eternity is given for it's measure. I stand in complete awe of the Cross tonight. I hope you stand in awe of Christ too. And together, while lost in Love, we are able to find wondrous delight in measuring the Immeasurable.


In the Cross of Christ I glory,
Towering o’er the wrecks of time.
All the light of sacred story
Gathers around it head sublime.




(poem by John Bowring)