NUGGETS OF PRECIOUS GOLD ..... "Keep Your Hands Off"

.
"Neither know we what to do; but our eyes are, upon thee" 2Chron 20:12

This morning, I am blessed to write our three hundredth blog on SONSHINE. It is not something I take personal pride in, as I know it is only by His hand that this blog, which Joian and I began almost three years ago is still sustained by His grace and at His pleasure.

With that said, how often it seems, I visit an Internet site, that begins with much lofty vision and hoopla, only to discern the purpose of such is motivated by some carnal desire, where the glory of Christ plays second fiddle. Months later, I will visit this same site and find all the excitement and activity has wained to almost nothing. So it is that the carnality of man, that ever walks in it's own selfish motivation, upon finding it's endeavor lacking, moves to the next new thing. The way of the untethered and restless soul is ever to and fro, to and fro thus the plow handle is never firmly grasped nor held straight.

You might ask, "what was Joian's and My motivation three years ago March, when we began this little blog? Well, it seems last week, I unknowingly stumbled across a small paragraph, hidden away in an old post, and it succinctly speaks to that. This below, was used as an epilogue for a writing and I believe it addresses the sustaining method, nature and motivation of our work here, which we sincerely hope is His work here. Please allow me:

"I certainly didn't expect to write all the above this morning, as I was feeling a tad bit battered when I awoke. As I contemplated going back to bed and pulling the covers over my head I thought, "No, I am close to empty but there is still a few grains of meal in the barrel and a splash oil in the cruse, so in a gift of worship I shall write. If there was none that ever read my words I am convinced, I would still type them for He whom I love above all. For me writing has become worship."

Occasionally, we also like to give to you a chuckle so we share that which causes us to giggle. With that overview, I am also reminded of how, I have written on at least a couple of occasions, that we at SONSHINE are not attempting to re-invent the wheel, so we share also the writings of others,. We do this with accompanying prayer, that their words will speak hope and encouragement into your souls. Today, I publish a short message from Lettie Cowman's daily devotional with that same goal in mind. Whether it is politics and world affairs or even the affairs of a loved one that rends your soul, we often must stay our eager hand that God might accomplish that, which we would only hinder, in our efforts to effect change. I loved this writing, even for the scripture with which I opened this blog. It certainly seems, we are beginning to see that Christ is carrying His elect of this age into new places of trust, where we have only a single eye for Him, as He reveals within Himself vistas of God rarely partaken of by man. Oh, how my heart has been stirred of late, as expectation builds to the discovery of new facets of God's being, in Christ Jesus. I pray you have been sensing the same, as expectant wonderment fills our hearts anew with the dawning of each new day. May you be blessed dear reader, as you join us in the spirit of worship with your reading of His SONSHINE blog.
John

Keep Your Hands Off
"Neither know we what to do; but our eyes are, upon thee" 2Chron 20:12

A life was lost in Israel because a pair of human hands were laid unbidden upon the ark of God. They were placed upon it with the best intent, to steady it when trembling and shaking as the oxen drew it along the rough way; but they touched God's work presumptuously, and they fell paralyzed and lifeless. Much of the life of faith consists in letting things alone.
If we wholly trust an interest to God, we must keep our hands off it; and He will guard it for us better than we can help Him. "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass."

Things may seem to be going all wrong, but He knows as well as we; and He will arise in the right moment if we are really trusting Him so fully as to let Him work in His own way and time. There is nothing so masterly as inactivity in some things, and there is nothing so hurtful as restless working, for God has undertaken to work His sovereign will. --A. B. Simpson



Being perplexed, I say, 'Lord, make it right!

Night is as day to Thee, Darkness as light.

I am afraid to touch

Things that involve so much;

My trembling hand may shake,

My skilless hand may break;

Thine can make no mistake.


Being in doubt I say,

'Lord, make it plain;

Which is the true, safe way?

Which would be gain?

I am not wise to know,

Nor sure of foot to go;

What is so clear to Thee,

Lord, make it clear to me!


It is such a comfort to drop the tangles of life into God's hands and leave them there.

.